Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm


This Saturday was gorgeous. Sunny and mid-60s. Jake and I took advantage of the weather and headed to the Botanical Gardens to catch the end of the Henry Moore exhibit. Mom got us memberships to the Garden as part of our Christmas gift. Typically, when an exhibit is at a garden, the pieces are woven so they co-exist with the plants. As it's winter, there aren't a ton of plants in bloom right now, so the sculptures really stood out.


Rolling hilltops


After the gorgeous Saturday, the weather took a down-turn. It kept getting colder and colder. My drive to work on Monday took 2 hours (instead of 1 hour 15 minutes). I actually had to pull off the interstate to de-ice my windshield wipers. Freezing rain turned to snow throughout the day. My boss sent me home early. I spent 5 hours at work and 3.3 getting there and back. Not the best time usage ever.

This morning I awoke to -7 degree weather. I rebelled by putting on my fleece leggings and staying inside ALL day. It's supposed to be colder tonight. :(

3 comments:

  1. Word on the street is that you're supposed to be in the 50s again this weekend. *crossing my fingers* you get back above 0 again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. you know you're a lawyer when you say things like "3.3 hours." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, we have been having -35 weather lately :-)

    ReplyDelete